Open to the Public - Second Saturday of each month at 9:30 beginning April 2016.
Skills Drills This is a non-competitive, timed practice shoot with center fire pistols, drawn from the holster. It is made up of a series of short scenarios, usually 6 to 12 shots with one magazine change, shot from a standing position. A squad of eight or more will shoot at the same time so everybody can practice often.
For beginners, it is a great way to learn some of the necessary skills used in IDPA matches in a safe, low key, environment. For the more experienced shooters, it is a great way to hone their skills to perfection. There will be beginners plus some great IDPA shooters to learn from.
- A Center-fire pistol (revolver or semi-auto)
- A belt and holster to fit your gun
- 2 magazines or 2 speed loaders, with belt pouches
- 300 rounds of ammo
- Eye and Ear protection
- A safe draw
- A safe one-handed reholster
- A safe reload, muzzle pointed downrange
- A safe clearing of malfunctions, muzzle pointed downrange