Open to the Public 2017 CMP Cleaning and Maintenance Classes in January, February, March & April 2017. Accepting reservations starting December 1, 2016. See complete information here below the CMP Service Rifle Clinic Information.
- Sunday, April 23rd (Reservation call-in on April 22nd from 9-10 a.m.)
- Sunday, June 25th (Reservation call-in on June 24th from 9-10 a.m.)
- Sunday, September 24th (Reservation call-in on Sept. 23rd from 9-10 a.m.)
- Sunday, October 22nd (Reservation call-in on Oct. 21st, from 9-10 a.m.)
- Service Grade M1 Garands or Match Grade AR-15 rifles (your choice)
- M1 Carbines are available for Juniors
- 45 Rounds of Ammunition
- 1.5 Hours of Classroom Instruction
- 1.5 Hours of Range Time
- $65 (any rifle)
- $45 (Juniors - with Carbine, age 20 and younger)
- $45 if you use your own US Military type rifle and ammo
- $55 for active or reserve military (any rifle)
Reservations should be made for a particular rifle type and registration time - 1000 or 1200 (the 1200 time is reserved for large groups of 10 or more that register and pay in full 1 week prior to the event.
The entire clinic - classroom and range time - lasts approximately 3 hours. We shoot rain or shine.
"Please note that leaving a message on the voice mail at other times does not constitute a reservation."
Ear and eye protection is mandatory and can be supplied at a nominal cost.
Proper shooting clothing, such as long-sleeve shirt, long pants and elbow pads are strongly recommended.
Participation in a CMP Clinic fulfills one of the requirements to purchase a surplus M1 Garand Rifle from the Civilian Marksmanship Program.
Any Clinic participant joining the Aurora Sportsmen's Club within 60 days after the scheduled event will receive a $100 discount.